The habit of cultivating Joy
Joy is a feeling or emotion of bliss, excitement, happiness, contentment, gratitude, positive acceptance of live’s ups and downs, peace and harmony. Joy can also be seen as a virtue one lives by, no matter the season, person or circumstance that might affect ones joy.
Habit loop of seeking out joy in the weekdays- e.g
- You’ve having a lousy day.
- You can either choose to gossip, complain or feel defeated and weary
- Or you can live out a life of joy?
- You have chosen joy!
After some time, you have tested, tried and then created a few weekday joy points:
Some joy points could be:
- Go for a 10 minute walk if the weather is nice. Seek out beauty & colour in ones surroundings. If there is no colour – bring some colour into the place! bring a picture, a small plant, some fruit etc.
- On your way home, pass by a health store ( in my case as on my way home) and buy a juice! I have a joy purse – am allowed to spend £2 on something healthy and yummy on my way home from work, in the evenings.
- Speak to family or friends. Cheer them up. Say a light word – a word of encouragement.
I will be sharing more regular joy finds….
Pursue joy despite your emotions or feelings. Light and opportunity await on the side of joy. Push towards it – it wants to find you!