10 ways to choose Kindness over Anger
It’s been said that anger can have a direct effect on our heart health and above all else our joy.
When frustration, anger or high levels of irritation occur – ask yourself:
- Are these negative emotions adding more joy or more heaviness into my life? If it’s more heaviness. Then don’t bottle them in, but deal with them in a kind and prepared way.
- Ask yourself: Will ones continued anger solve the problem 1 month down the line or 2 years down the line?
- Speak out if necessary. Address the situation kindly and clearly.
- Thereafter, clear your head by going for a walk, run or dance…
- Believe that despite the outcome the best is yet to come. Take small actions to direct your focus towards something life-giving in order to regain your joy back. Life is too short to hold onto emotions that steal one’s health.
- Do something kind for that person or friend. Kindness surprises and illuminates the heart.
- Build a mental picture of joy re-entering your mind and body.
- Let go
- Do something that makes you smile or laugh
All is well. Choose Freedom – Choose Kindness – Choose Joy
Thanks for sharing x
You actually make it seem really easy with your presentation however I find this topic to be really something that I feel I might never understand. It sort of feels too complicated and very extensive for me. I’m taking a look forward on your next post, I抣l try to get the grasp of it!
Thanks for your comment. Definitely not easy – choosing Kindness over anger takes practice… I will try to break this down more in another post 🙂