Lamb chop Joy
Growing up in South Africa, my mum would fry up spicy masala lamb chops for the family in the weekends in a generous amount of oil. Back then we would have lamb chop with rice, buttered white bread accompanied by a delicious tomato chutney. I cannot recall seeing many veggies beside the yummy tomato chutney. My eyes were on the meat! Glad to say that my fondness for lamb chops has not disappeared. Nower days its less meat and more veg. Cutting down on meat, especially in the evenings has done wonders for my bloating as well as consuming meat earlier in the day is also proving to be a game changer for the digestion.
Here is a yummy and simple early dinner open sandwich recipe ( my Danish influence) It is a recipe which can be tweaked by adding more veg etc. If you have left overs – heat up the lamb chops and have it the following day. Enjoy the last pieces or cut up the meat and make a simple pasta dish for the family.
6 lamb chops
2 tbsp olive oil
one clove garlic – finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
Cut up some cucumber
1/2 tsp chili flakes
A whole tomato.
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
How to cook:
- Rinse the lamb chops in water. Squeeze out the water from the chops
- Put the lamb chops into a bowl. Sprinkle the salt, pepper and paprika onto the lamb chops.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil into the bowl. Mix well with a big spoon or even better with your hands.
- Heat up a large sized non stick pan on medium heat on the stove.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil into the pan as well as the chopped garlic.
- Swerve the pan around so the oil and garlic gets to all corners of the pan.
- Place the meat into the pan and let it grill under medium heat to high heat for 3-4 minutes – if you like it well done. NB: remember to turn the chops every 2 minutes to make sure both sides are cooked.
- Cut the tomato in two and grill next to the chops for 2 minutes.
- Turn stove off. Remove from fying pan. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Toast a slice of bread – whatever bread you have at home.
- Once the slice of bread is toasted –
- Gently mash the avocado into the toast.
- Sprinkle the chilli flakes.
- Place the chop onto of the avocado.
- Add some cucumber slides and top with the grilled tomato.
- Squeeze fresh lemon on top.
- enjoy 🙂
One Life. Kindness is the way.