We have been very fortunate that the weather has been lovely in London this week. As the weather can suddenly change, I decided to take the opportunity to make the most of the day. As such, I made sure that I wore trainers today so – if the weather was still nice, the sun was still out – I could walk home, which I did. The benefits of my choice:
- I felt good physically as walking is good for one’s health.
- Walking past nature and the nearby river was peaceful to the mind
- Managed to see the sun setting. during my walk. A beautiful scene.
In other parts of the world, though the weather may be nice, it might not be safe to walk home. The pathway home might be off-putting. There are multiple reasons why grasping ” Sun” in the literal sense might not be the best choice.
However, if we decided to look at “grasping the sun” as finding one good thing to accomplish – that’s kindness. Here are a few suggestions:
- Intentionally standing outside for a short while to get some fresh air to the brain and mind.
- Intentionally having a laugh with a colleague
- Taking a break from our smartphones at a specific time of the day or even better in the evening.
Look for every opportunity to bring joy to yourself and in turn others.
One life – live it kinder.