Simple Tomato Salad
“Some times one just needs a good squeeze of lemon juice and salt to enhance the flavour of a salad, a tomato salad in this case”
Here is my mum’s freestyle recipe:
- Chop up two tomatoes
- Chop up a bit of red onion – ( under half a cup). If you do not have a red onion. A white onion will do perfectly.
- Add some fresh mint, if you have fresh mint to hand or substitute with some parsley.
- Add 1 finely chopped green chilli. In our case we did not have fresh green chillies so we used 3 small dried red chillies to give the salad a bit of a punch.
- to taste – add a good squeeze of lemon juice
- to taste – add A bit of salt
Enjoy with a rice dish or on toast with avocado.
How would you eat this salad?
One life – be kind to yourself and others.
Leave a Reply