I was visiting a good friend recently ( social distancing). I had dinner earlier in the day and thought that my delicious big salad would sustain me. Oh I was wrong on that day. Thankfully my kind friend quipped up a delicious Middle Eastern omelette in 15 minutes. The omelette was such a good idea! as such, I would like to share the recipe with you.
Cooking time: Roughly 15 minutes. Serves 2
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil.
1/2 onion – chopped ( either red onion or white onion or a little bit of both) I had some left over red onion and white onion, which I used in this recipe.
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp pepper
Pinch of salt
1 medium sized chopped tomato ( remove the pulp)
1 tbsp chopped parsley or coriander (whatever fresh herbs you have)
1 finely chopped green chilli. NB: dried red chilies can also be used in this recipe…
A slice of bread
Some left over avocado
3 tbsp of grated cheese. ( I used Gouda)
A leaf of lettuce
A slice of brown bread.
How to cook:
- Prep ingredients before hand.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs then blend in the chopped chilli, parsley and cheese.
- Heat up a non stick pan. Add the butter and oil to the pan.
- Add the chopped onions and chopped tomatoes into the pan. Cook on medium/slightly high heat. Add turmeric, salt and pepper and mix into the onions and tomatoes.
- Once the onions have become transparent, pout the egg mixture into the pan, covering the onions and tomatoes.
- Let it cook on medium/high heat – put a lid on top of the pan, if possible for roughly 5- 6 minutes.
- Once everything feels very firm, turn the omelette onto the other side and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- After about 10-15 minutes the omelette should be ready to eat. Eat on a piece of bread with avocado and lettuce.
A recipe that allows you to use your left over ingredients to make something yummy in no time. I hope this recipe inspires you to have a omelette anytime of the day!
One life – live it kinder.
Leave a Reply